Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday, April 5 from Cliff - The Final Post, We're Home

Up at 3:30 AM (some of the team never went to bed) for our last trip to the airport.  The plane left Manila at 7 AM and we were off to Philadelphia.  There is nothing good that can be said about being in a plane for as long as we were.  After 24 hours on travel we arrived in Philadelphia at 3:30 in the afternoon.  Everything was again familiar.  The traffic was understandable although heavy at times.  But now when I look at things, I am seeing things in a different light.  I expect that this new perception will go on for some time.  I am returning with the knowledge that in the US we do many things right, but we also are overlooking many other things that we could do better.  Maybe in a small way I can add to the voices that want to see positive changes in how everyone in the world lives and interacts.  And that is the whole purpose of this exchange.  I have to thank Rotary for having the foresight to offer this program.  My only wish would be that more people could participate in the program and have this kind of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment